WEEKDAYS: WHY THEY ARE SACRED?


Dear readers, weekends are days of, what I would describe as “healing” for me. 

Physically (body) healing as I can at least manage to wake up 2 or 3 hours later than my usual wake up time on weekdays. 

And I will also try use my weekends time to work out since working out after busy and hectic workdays is quite challenging and draining.

Currently, mid-aged, I will not insist on myself going for a vigorous run after feeling super tired and drained from a hectic workday as I would not want to just “drop” and pass on. 

Weekends are days when I can go out as a FREE man, and not be shackled up to my laptop as an employee (yes, I can still go out on weekday nights after hours, but it will just be tiring the next workday!). 

Man is born to walk and move and it is healthy mentally, socially and physically to go for a jalan jalan. 

Emotionally (heart) healing, as I can make use of my personal “me time” over the weekends to heal over the politics from office at work. 

If I could just put it, office politics is all about the scarcity mindset (i.e. limited resources perceived by some, and hence this leads to competitions and politics). 

Weekend time is time, where I can escape from unproductive office chatter and talk that are laden with office politics. 

Spiritual (soul) healing: when many flock to crowded and noisy shopping malls for food and recreation on weekends, if I can, I try to avoid these as finding quiet time for peace and self-reflection is important to me. 

I use worktime as spiritual time, and this includes doing the right moral things even when it may not totally be agreeable to my staff and bosses. 

And I try to read more on weekends since reading after staring hours at computer screens on workdays is challenging to the eyes. 

Last but not least, weekends are Great opportunities to reflect on our lives (3 main questions: who we are, why we are here and where we are going) and also a pitstops for us if we have set goals for the year. 

To summarize, many of us are employees and typically work 5 days a week, and that leaves us only about 52 weeks x 2 weekend days per week or 104 weekend days to enjoy and make the Best use of our lives: be it in spiritually, physically or emotionally. 



And this is why I believe weekends are sacred and we should make the very Best of them in our lives.

Be sure to connect with me on Facebook , X , Linkedin, Investingnote if you like my posts!

Popular posts from this blog

BEDOK 216 MA BO LOR MEE TO CLOSE SEP 24!

HOW TO INVEST BETTER WITH DECREASE IN INTEREST RATES ?

HOW TO USE POSITIVE THINKING TO ATTRACT WEALTH?

"Hidden Potential: The Science of Achieving Greater Things" by Adam Grant" 10 Lessons